Friday, February 25, 2011

Positive Life Changes can Happen

The sun has not caught me in bed in fifty years.  ~Thomas Jefferson

I am running behind on this blog for a number of reasons: too hectic of a schedule, too many items on the daily to-do list, and not enough hours in the day.  Last week I shared how that I had gone on a journey of completely reinventing my daily routine, and after nearly three weeks of this it’s on track to becoming a habit.  Getting up at 4:15 AM every morning has presented some challenges for a night person like me.  Please don’t think I am bragging, but I am getting the hang of this.  For most of my adult life I would get up between 6:00 and 7:00 AM, but not without hitting the snooze button a time or two.  These days I am rolling out of bed and staying up the moment the alarm goes off – at the unbelievably early hour of 4:15 AM.

So, why am I doing this?  I have long wanted to know what it’s like to be a “morning person.”  The morning person, or MP, is one who delights in being awake before the sun comes up.  Such people are perfectly willing to rise and accomplish more before 8:00 in the morning than the rest of us do by noon.  So, I truly wanted to know what that feels like.  Let me say that I am getting a powerful dose of the early morning perspective on life.  Also, this is a continuation of a series of personal growth steps I have been applying to my life.  If I am going to write about being a happier, healthier, and brighter person then I must be able to see life from a perspective of pure optimism.  Rising before dawn and enjoying doing so seemed like a great place to start.

There is also a spiritual reason here which I will not elaborate on today, but I intend to do so in the near future.  My becoming an MP is part of a spiritual journey I felt led to undertake.  Already I have a different perspective on life and the problems I face.  Let me close today with a few words of encouragement for standing firm and not giving in to the trials of life:
  • Stop saying “I can’t.”  When we rise up and with God’s help begin to move forward, we will be amazed at what can be accomplished.
  • Remember that it’s never too late to adopt positive change.  The bad habits and destructive attitudes we develop did not happen overnight.  They may look insurmountable, but they can be overcome.  Be patient, move forward, and begin walking forward toward personal growth and change one step at a time. 
  • You do not have to be a negative, defeated, and cynical person any longer. You can change. 
Life is meant to be lived.  Rise up and start living – today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment